Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer

Update by user Apr 24, 2022

Who says it's developed? I gave all the information to WhatsApp, only to be abandoned online.

Original review posted by user Apr 24, 2022

When I saw that WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, I was not surprised. Both have given me great trouble.

I was trying to do a video chat with someone, but both the camera and the microphone icons showed a slash that meant they were deactivated.

I tried several times and nothing worked. I contacted Support and explained the problem. They sent me instructions to do in Settings on my phone, but when I opened Settings, none of the options that they mentioned appeared. I did a screenshot and sent it to them, asking for help.

That's where it died. Just the same as the Support that I received when my Facebook was hacked TWICE.

I am sending the screenshot. Support said I should do the following:

Go to device Settings > Apps or Apps & notifications > WhatsApp > Permissions.

Look at the screenshot. Do you see those options shown there?

I don't, and I am not blind. I wrote them back and sent them the screenshot. To that, I received no response.

I am not complaining just to be complaining. If something in the app is dysfunctional, the customer is not to blame for it.

I wonder how long it will take to get an answer -- if I get an answer at all. It seems that Customer Service in the United States has gone the way of the Edsel: it existed once but now doesn't exist at all.

User's recommendation: Try to find a chat app that works reliably and, hopefully, will have a responsive Support team to help.

Preferred solution: If the app is the problem, fix it. If another solution can be offered, please give it. Don't just leave me waiting for a ship that may never come in..

Facebook Pros: Easy to use for texting.

Facebook Cons: Unreliable for video chat, Support does not respond promptly to calls for help.

Comments