Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 01, 2021

It has been nearly 3 months and Facebook has still done nothing AT ALL. Their help center is outdated and it does not provide the right info to help out a consumer.

Their automated system to help you "verify" your account doesn't work because I have got more than 30 denials from the state issued information they say they "require" to prove it's me. They have a phone number for you to talk with customer support but when you press 1..."I'm sorry we don't offer customer support." I have connected on LinkedIn with tons of their software developers to be ignored or told they don't even know how to help. I want my pictures and videos back. Keep the damn account, but the pictures and vides, my personal property, I want back.

I would highly suggest you never trust your "personal property" to Facebook. The second you upload...they own it. This social media platform has been a huge disappointment and their customer services sucks, well, just doesn't exist.

They sure do get you connected fast though when you are looking to buy advertising on their platform. But for the consumer who is merely wanting to stay connected...you aren't worth their time.

Original review posted by user Aug 02, 2021

Hi,

A few months ago I woke up to an email of someone who had changed my password in the middle of the night. After a lot of back and forth I finally was able to change the email on my account.

Th original email on the account was lindseyhamilton520@***.com. The email I changed it to is now my work email, lindsey.hamilton@***.com. My cell number that should be associated with this account is 602-300-****.

I have changed my password and been through every article in the Help Center. I change my password and then get a screen that asks for an "authentication code," but nothing ever comes.

I then "click another way to authenticate," and submit the ID's, then a day or two later I get back a denial email saying I need to submitted accepted forms of ID, which I am.

My legal last name is Hamilton but am known as Lindsey Walker (My husband Jordan's last name). I submitted a contract I have with a breeder I purchased a dog from and also my Costco card.

Please please please help me get back into this account. I have one child only and every one of his childhood pictures and videos are on that account. If I can't have access to the account, just the pictures and videos downloaded and sent to me is fine.

I am devastated having lost all of this for the past couple months, but at this point I will not stop.

As a mother of one, these memories ARE my life, and I must get them back.

Please let me know what you need from me. I will drive it to you personally myself if I have to, I just want my sons memories back.

Thank you!

Lindsey Hamilton - Walker

User's recommendation: Do not trust your photos/videos in one place, especially through social media. It has been a nightmare trying to get back my only Childs baby photos and videos.

Preferred solution: Restore my Facebook account so I can retrieve all my childs photos and videos, or download the videos and pictures and send to me. .

Comments