Verified Reviewer

Update by user May 19, 2021

May 18, 2021 events leading up to Facebook account problem.I am still unable to access my Facebook account (disabled), unable to secure the account, and unable to create a new account. First email received May 18, 2021 at 5:10 pm from Facebook advising me that my "primary email address has been changed on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:10 pm (EDT)".

Second email received from Facebook May 18, 2021 at 5:27 pm advising "... someone may have accessed your Facebook account. To secure your account, you'll need to answer a few questions and change your password the next time you go to Facebook. For your protection, no one can see you on Facebook until you secure your account." When I clicked on link "Secure Your Account Now" a message appeared that link has expired.I attempted to login to my Facebook account from facebook.com by entering my email address (ending with .ca) and last known password.

I selected to secure account and was prompted to check my email for a code. Did not receive an email with a code. Selected resend, again unsuccessful (noticed that the email address had .com).I am unable to create a new Facebook account (message appears "You are ineligible to register for Facebook" I created a Yahoo email account to create a new Facebook account, received same message "ineligible".Earlier in the day (May 18th) I was advised by a person on Messenger Chat to obtain a "Two-Factor Authentication Code for my Facebook Account (she provided the detailed instructions to follow). Unfortunately, I was gullible and was conned into providing her with my email, password, and the two-factor authentication code I obtained (she assured me with the authentication code I would be protected).

As a result, she took over my Facebook account and I was locked out (a hard lesson learned, will not make that mistake again).As well the person also conned me out of $200.00 by instructing me to purchase an Amazon.ca gift card (provided her with the Claim Code). Of course, I did not receive what she told me I would (again a costly lesson learned, will not make that mistake again).I am still having a difficult time trying to obtain a phone number and/or email address for Facebook.Attempted Resolution by Just Answer and K-Fix:I am still unable to get my head around the numerous emails providing instructions (I mentioned that I have a disability in focusing and comprehending written instructions). For this reason, I repeatedly requested that someone call me at 613-249-****. In the end (after several hours) with K-Fix, I was finally informed that no phone call would be forthcoming.The online chat with K-Fix did not go well.

I outline the problem I encountered with my Facebook account and requested help in resolving the matter so I could access my account. K-Fix tech went about his business and I was left waiting for a response. I would type something, still no response. The went on for several hours.

While I was waiting for a response from the tech person in the chat, I decided to check my emails. Surprise, numerous emails from K-Fix and Just Answer. It would have been nice to be told that K-Fix was sending me emails. With my focusing and comprehension disability, I was overwhelmed with attempting to go through the emails (obviously without success).

There was really no online chat service, it was all one sided by me.As well, when I switched back to my initial contact person Pearl and explained what was happening, I was eventually returned to K-Fix. It was then that I noticed that I could contact Pissed Consumer and provided my rating on my experience.Around 10:45 pm, I returned to the K-Fix chat and thanked him for trying to help me and said good night.I did receive the emails from Pissed Consumer informing me that my $5.00 and $56.00 would be refunded to me. Thank you.I am at my wits end because I do not know where/what to do next.

All my efforts have fallen short.Thank you for your assistance.SuzanneP.S. Would Just Answer and/or K-Fix have a phone number and/or email address for me to contact Facebook directly?

Original review posted by user May 18, 2021

I cannot access by Facebook account (disabled). I cannot log in to my Facebook account.

Chatted with Pearl then forwarded to K-Fix and during chat msg appeared (Something went wrong, request failed).

I want a valid phone # for Facebook Canada 1-64*-426-**** not in service.

I want my $5.00 and $56.00 payment to Just Answer Expert refunded. Account problem not rectified and connection lost.

Please respond to my email suzannebray@***.ca

Thank you.

User's recommendation: Not recommending because of interruption during contact with K-Fix (Just Answer Expert).

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Account.

Facebook Pros: Easy access to friends and family.

Facebook Cons: It is difficult to get in touch with sloves the problem.

Comments