Verified Reviewer

Good evening. On September 8, 2021, one of my colleagues at the Westmoreland Historical Society was adding information about an upcoming event on our page. We are a county historical society in Greensburg, Pennsylvania, and a 501 (C) 3. There was no abusive language, nudity, child *** or other violations in that post.

My colleague said that there was a strange 'glitch' which closed the page. She was unable to log on, no matter what she did. Furthermore, she also got a message that the account was disabled. Later that evening, I got a message that my Facebook page was disabled. I checked the various Help Center articles, went to the review request link, and received a message that my account was permanently disabled, end of story. I am listed as a site administrator and I believe that, whatever error happened, my account was adversely affected. Both my colleague and a volunteer who are also site administrators also had their accounts disabled.

I request that Facebook review the incident and offer me, and the others, a reasonable explanation for disabling the accounts. I also request having the Westmoreland Historical Society's and our account reinstated.

Joanna Moyar

Preferred solution: A review and explanation of why the Westmoreland Historical Society's and administrator's personal pages were Disabled for violating standards. Accounts should be reactivated .

Facebook Cons: No proper customer service.

Comments

#2062921

I tried to edit my comments, but couldn't find a way to do so. Here are articles about others who have had similar experiences with Facebook disabling the accounts of legitimate organizations and those of their administrators. https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/news/history/historic-reenactors-wonder-why-facebook-shut-down-their-pages-is-it-because-of-the-word-militia-or-something-else/77-93f4a8af-6abf-4cbf-9295-7bf537f922fb https://news.sky.com/story/facebook-in-error-confuses-dorset-historical-society-with-banned-us-right-wing-groups-1215**** https://newrepublic.com/article/161939/facebook-militia-revolutionary-war-censorship-content https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/tech/facebook-militia-ban-revolutionary-war-reenactors

Facebook Reviews