Verified Reviewer

I have been banned several times over the past couple of years by Facebook for nothing Amazingly for re-posting Memes that I saw on Facebook that were in no way offensive, yet what Facebook does not tell you if they have a watchlist and once you have been banned once even for a week they are watching you!

One offence was re-posting a meme I have posted for the past seven years saying that a patients real cause of death was that they played that funky music till they died The post was immediately tagged and I was suspended for spreading Covid mis-information!

The next one was a re-post of a meme that said that men are like dogs because they never understand what you are upset about Facebook banned me for that saying it was hate speech Huh?

Then they banned me for another post that I cant even see saying it included nudity or suggestive comments but there is no nudity or suggestive comments in it!

I appealed their decision and was contacted saying they got it wrong and my account was restored, but three hours later my account was locked again for 30 days.

The fact is that while Facebook is quick to ban users for next to nothing especially if you are on their watchlist, they have no functional appeals process at all and it is impossible to talk to this big faceless giant and to an actual human being who could clear things up in two minutes.

Given the fact that Facebook relies on its users for content and is user supported, it is amazing that they treat good users this way Especially at Christmas time!

I should add that they have also shut down my backup account They have not banned me but instead have made it impossible to like post or to create my own posts now effectively cutting me off from over 300 Facebook friends during the holidays

What is most amazing is I have had friends share of the very same posts that I was banned for and the posts have been allowed to remain on their pages but are removed from mine and I am penalized while they are not.

As you might guess I am disgusted with Facebook and theyre heavy handed tactics as well as the fact that their rules and community standards do not apply evenly across-the-board!

Facebook could just remove or not allow certain posts and life goes on But instead seem to prefer the heavy-handed unfair business practises that I have seen the past couple of years and dont feel they have to answer to their users at all!

I am a dog rescuer and as a result of Facebook bans I am even unable to help dogs when they need it the most

The worst part is being banned for something that you have not even done and not being able to appeal to anybody to look at their decisions Or in the case of their last decision that I was not banned and then reinstating it with no notice and no reason given thank you for showing us what the Grinch is all about Mr. Zuckerberg Youre a mean One Mr.

Grinch! Wtf

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your time with Facebook… Get a Twitter account!

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Account.

Preferred solution: I would like all these so-called in fractions wiped from my account since they were not valid in fractions at all which any reasonable human being could tell in one minute if they looked at them!.

Facebook Pros: Facebook.

Facebook Cons: Repeatedly ban accounts for no reason and no appeals process.

Location: 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC V6C 3L6