Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 17, 2021

Mea culpa: I mistakenly indicated that I am a paying customer of Faceboook. That's incorrect.

I've had a personal Facebook account for ~ 15 years. It was hacked back in May and I've been unable to recover or access it since then. That's 15 years' worth of posts, photos, videos, chat sessions and comments with my nearly 2,000 Faccebook friends, all of whom were carefully culled and selected over that time.

I'm 65 years old and the thought of permanently losing my account makes me ill. I'm simply too old to start over from scratch with a new account.

Update by user Sep 17, 2021

My account was hacked back on May 17. I’ve spent hundreds of hours working on this problem every day since then without making any progress or receiving any assistance from Facebook despite my repeated attempts to do so, to contact them and to plea for help.

All of my efforts have been unsuccessful and/or have gone unheeded.This has been the most exasperating experience I've ever had online. It effectively ruined my Summer and now we are headed into Fall and I've made no progress whatsoever towards regaining access to my account.

Original review updated by user Sep 19, 2021

My account was hacked back on May 17. I've spent hundreds of hours working on this problem every day since then without making any progress or receiving any helpful assistance from you despite my repeated pleas.

Facebook confirmed my identity in June but the unlock link and code they sent me didn't work and have now expired.

The hacker set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) which is preventing me from accessing my account. I desperately need Facebook to turn off the 2FA and help me finally recover my account.

Thanks,

David Kornblum

dakornblum@***.com

User's recommendation: Take steps to protect your account by setting up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) designating a few close friends to help you if you get hacked or can't otherwise log in to your Facebook account. Facebook's Customer Service and Help Centers are abismal. Best protect yourself before it's too late and the inconceivable happens.

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I'd like Facebook to turn off the Two-Factor Authorization (2FA) that the hacker set up on my account so I can regain the ability to log in to that account and protect it so that this never happens again..

Facebook Pros: Best social networking site.

Facebook Cons: Customer service is abysmal.

Comments