Verified Buyer

My friends and I reported an account that was clearly pretending to be me and Facebook sent an email back to me saying they are not taking it down because it didnt meet the community guidelines to be taken down. The fake account is using my pictures, linked my real Instagram account to it, and even put the school I graduated from on there.

They used my first and middle name for the account and Facebook still wont do anything about it. Such an unreliable app when it comes to things like this. I have multiple people contacting me about this fake account and there has been random people following my real Instagram account because of the fake Facebook and god knows what that person has been saying to these random people.

I dont appreciate someone pretending to be me and Facebook not taking the account down and having me stressed out and suffer for no reason. I have been with Facebook since 2013 and I cant believe they wont do anything about this.

User's recommendation: Don’t expect them to do anything when trying to get a fake account if you taken down.

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments