Verified Reviewer

Hello. This is this fifth time I've received a Facebook ban due to a comment that was taken entirely out of context.

On January 17th, I was banned for calling someone a sniveling coward. This person was threatening my friends and received no punishment, but I called him out and got a 24 hour ban.

On February 9th, I was banned for saying "Dumb Americainas" - an obvious joke with a clear misspelling in reference to the meme we were laughing at that had the same misspelling.

On April 4th, I was actually mean and called someone a *** That person had been harassing and threatening my wife. She received no punishment, but I got a ban.

On June 3rd, I received a ban for saying I would shoot two certain people. We were in a group online where we played online Werewolf, and someone asked who I thought was on the evil team.

Today is August 25th. Someone asked "How do I fix Jim?" and I replied "Cut his balls off." Jim is a dog. This was a joke about neutering, not a threat.

I run a brick and mortar retail store that advertises solely through Facebook. When I get a 30 day ban because Facebook's censorship program doesn't understand context, that leaves me unable to advertise, deprives Facebook of money, and could crush my business.

I understand that you're going through efforts in order to prevent the spread of misinformation and harassment, however your automatic program simply isn't good enough. I've reported dozens of obvious scam pages just to get a response that nothing goes against your TOS. I've flagged accounts that are actually harassing people, and reported people actively spreading misinformation about COVID and the elections and all, and Facebook tells me that there's no violation. However a comment about neutering a dog was automatically flagged as hate speech, and so I'm losing the ability to post for a month. It's quite obvious that no human being has ever looked over these comments, or they would've immediately recognized the context and understood that it was not, in fact, hate speech.

I'm requesting someone to look over these comments, understand the context, and unban my account so I can continue to post for my business.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: I need my account to be unbanned so I can continue to post and advertise through my business page..

Comments