Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Apr 01, 2022

I just wanted to be able to login to my account again so that I could assist others in my community. I am now able to login..

Original review posted by user Mar 30, 2022

I wanted to reset my password on Facebook, but it wouldn't let me without the current password. I decided to log out so that I could use the forgot password option.

This was a bad idea because now I cannot get back into my account. I have followed every single step available in their so called "help center" which is of no help whatsoever. The original problem was that I originally signed up for Facebook with my phone number, so I didn't have an email address to send the verification code to. So I updated that to add an email address and sent a copy of my license for verification.

That part was updated and I was able to use my email address.

The reset password process is an absolute failure. I go to reset the password, then it sends me letters instead of numbers when the box asks for six numbers. Then if I click didn't get a code so that I get numbers, then I put the numbers in and it says "You have entered codes too many times." Once I actually made it to the process of putting in a new password, but when I put a new password in and click submit it just says "You can not use this feature right now".

The worst part about this is that there was tornado damage in my community recently and I was talking to people in my community on Facebook so that I could help them. Now I can't help them because I do not have their contact information outside of Facebook.

I keep trying every day to get back into my account with the same endless loop of no help, no support and no customer service to assist with this issue.

Again, the help center is a joke. Facebook really needs to have support for these kinds of issues that is not automated, because the automated system doesn't work and doesn't help customers that keep getting errors.

User's recommendation: NEVER reset your password.

Preferred solution: I just want to be able to login to my account again! I just want my password reset and I want to be able to help my community..

Facebook Pros: To talk to friends and family, Keep up with friends and family, Business marketing, Popular social media.

Facebook Cons: No customer service, No tech support, No real person to help you, Failed password reset system, No help.

Comments