Verified Reviewer

I was contacted by one of my FB friends (Brian Milson) via messenger about getting grants from the DHHS. After some conversation he convinced me to apply on Agent Tom-Brown FB page via messenger.

I did provide some PII for the application process (DOB, age, sex, nationality, address, etc) to complete the application process before I started to realize that this was probably fake because the conversation ended with them telling me not to tell anybody about this transaction until it was done. I immediately started a message video call to my friend and an imposter answered claiming to be my friend. He wouldn't open his video camera, only used voice. I immediately deleted the messages between myself and Agent Tom-Brown (where my PII was sent) and I also blocked the page.

I've reported the page and I've also tried to call FB customer service. I'm using this medium as well. Hopefully you shut the Agent Tom-Brown page down ASAP as it is a false page. I still have the message conversation between myself and the imposter claiming to be my friend.

I'm guess they've accessed his account and is using it to reach out to his friends to garner their information.

R/

Mr.

X. Carter

(FB page: Xavier Paula Carter)

User's recommendation: Don't give out any PII to anyone representing this page.

Preferred solution: Want to make sure no one else falls prey to this scam. Make sure the word gets out and this webpage is terminated..

Comments