Verified Reviewer

2.8

Update by user Oct 17, 2021

No answer until now. I might lose my job as a teacher in Thailand if I can't recover my account.That would mean that I have to leave Thailand after 20 years of living here.This issue is going on for many weeks that facebook's GPS is terribly wrong and believes I'm 1100 km away from my hometown. I'm also wondering why the use of a VPN could affect a FB account?I have wasted so much valuable time, lost some businesses and I do not know what will happen when I lose my job.

Original review posted by user Oct 17, 2021

Dear FB, It's going on for a few weeks now and I start to feel very disappointed. I use my FB account mikelmersi@***.com also at work, at a school, about 10 km away from my house.

For the last three weeks, it happens almost daily that I have been locked out of my own account, and even answering the four posts didn't help me to get back.

I'm sometimes using a VPN, because I like to read the news I can't see here in Thailand.

Your GPS doesn't seem to show the right IP address, the last was in Chiang Mai which is 1,100 km away from me.

Your GPS thought I was there, but that's not true. Whenever I get home from work, which is 10 km out of town, i am being asked the security question because your GPS system might think that somebody was trying to log into my account.

I have spent days now, not only hours to get my account recovered, but now my phone number is gone to verify my account.

I'm Michael Johannes Mersi, 61 years old, born on the 8th of May 1960. I live and work in Sisaket/ Thailand.

The whole weekend I was trying to get back in, but you seem to have locked me out.

Using my FB account for work is causing huge problems as I don't have other ways to get in touch with people from my school. Please let me sign in with my old password, as i don't want to change it all the time.

Please get back to me ASAP, it's important to have it tonight.

It's already 6.30 pm and I have lost valuabnle time to log in. Please get back to me at my main e-mail address; mikelmersi@***.com Kind regards from Sisaket/Thailand, Michael Mersi

User's recommendation: Please get in touch with Facebook as soon as this happens to you. It's so annoying that I would stop using FB. But I need it for work at a school.

Preferred solution: I would like to get back into my account. But I'm having these issues now for quite a while. Using a VPN from time to time shouldn't be seen as being another person. Please help me asap. Kind regards, Michael Mersi, Sisaket/Thailand.

Comments