5K views

Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
Featured

Update by user Sep 18, 2020

September 18, 2020 Update: Still no access and the scammer has continued to post from my account. The first “Secure Your Account” e-mail from Facebook was followed up on 2 weeks after submitting my info, only to be told “It appears to be resolved” When I disputed it had not, I was told to resend my ID, which I did and STILL NOTHING WAS DONE!!

After a week past and friends informed me of the scam post being ran again, several times, I went back to the email that was sent, responded asking if anything was going to be done to help me, only to discover the link had expired!! Then, last week and this week (Sept 10-14, 2020) 2 more friends informed me about the scam post being done. I told them to report it. One did a report informing my account was hacked.

Then on Sunday afternoon (September 13th) I discover that Facebook security team emailed me at 3am in Spanish to secure my account. When I clicked the link, it was EXPIRED!!

As of now, FACEBOOK is one of the WORST if not THE WORST when it comes to security. But Zuckerberg can become a BILLIONAIRE while not ensuring those of us that helped him to get there, are protected and socially safe!

Original review posted by user Aug 19, 2020

I got caught up in a scam on August 15, 2020. What seemed to be a request from a friend of mine turned into a full out scam, leaving me out of $800 and locked out of my account.

The details of the scam are quite elaborate. It begins with a post saying it is not a scam, with a video commentary and financial transactions showing recipients receiving money. Then it proceeds to conversation via Messenger where more videos of testimonials are shared. From there, I (the victim) are told to send money CashApp or gift cards.

I tried CashApp and it was blocked. That lead me to purchase a $500 gift card, send my "friend" the info with a receipt. The scam proceeds to saying to confirm the transaction back to you, sending your ID, bank routing number, SSN and Facebook log in details are needed. Although, I felt uneasy about it, the fact that my "friend" showed me his photo of ID and CashApp balance, I proceeded.

Now of course it is all a lie! I am locked out of my account and a friend notified me that my Facebook page is being used to continue the cycle by tagging friends in a similar post that I was a target in.

My Facebook is tagged to my business, outreach ministry, community groups like Lupus and Fibromyalgia as well as coaching pages. I need access back!

Please, review my request to get back into my account. I also will be figuring out how to make FACEBOOK change their rule of switching emails to be a 48 hour confirmation time.

With someone changing my email, it only took Facebook a few minutes to allow it to be switched.

When I responded to the email notice, it was about 3 hours after I had been sent the email. Had the 48 hour window been in place, I would not be a culprit of the ongoing scam, robbing people of thousands of hard earned money and for some, medical, rent and funds for their children.

User's recommendation: No matter how detailed the offer is, they are lying! Also, hold Facebook accountable for allowing this to happen.

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Profile.

Preferred solution: Give me access back to my Facebook account .

Facebook Cons: Can not be reached for problem resolution, Unable to consistently monitor and block posts and content, Ineffective security measures.

Facebook - Hacked Account and Scammer
Explore video interviews

Comments

#1957963
@Redmond Blc

Did you ever hear from facebook?

Facebook Reviews