I got a message from a friend via messenger telling me that their account was hacked and needed my help. Gave them my number and the login codes thinking I was helping them but really it was a hacker changing my account information.

Tried to changed password via verification with both email addresses and phone number and can no longer get them because I think hacker changed information. I tried to set up new account with both email addresses and phone and wouldnt allow me so I had ti get a new email address which I was beyond pissed about. The hacker used a iPhone 6 which I dont have. I want access again to old account or delete the hacked account.

Dont be allowing messenger to send messages if account is hacked and from not a typical location a user has. This was a big *** headache

User's recommendation: Don’t trust Facebook if helping anyone access their account.

Facebook Cons: Hacked easily, Unable to reset password even after veriftying contact trust.

Location: Chicago, Illinois