Verified Reviewer

I posted a wedding band set which included the men's ring also I thought I had sold it to a good person but when it came to me getting my money they claimed they sent it through Venmo but that wasn't right at all because they claimed I had account with them in which I don't I have my bank account step up Zelle which I get money for cleaning jobs when I do them. They claimed the buyer which she said her name was Mary Harrall sent the money but they couldn't get to me until she paid another 500 dollars because they said my account wouldn't except more than 2000 so to increase my account to a business account this had to be done.

She said she did it and so the next step was to pay her back the 500. Then I would get my money which didn't make any sense. I overdrawn my bank account by doing this and still nothing came to me she claimed they took another 500 and I would have to pay that back which I refused to do. I wasn't paying for their mistake.

I still haven't got any money I'm out 500 dollars which I have to find away to pay my bills now and get food for my family. The rings weren't delivered because the address she gave me she doesn't live there so I called up the post office where it was sent to see if it's being returned back to me. Waiting on their call. I hope this person is happy because I'm not.

I was told by the true Venmo company that I need to file a police report with my local Law enforcement to seek further actions against these people. I have all the emails and text messages from the scamming Venmo place and the buyer.

I tried getting through to Facebook Market Place but had no luck they don't except phone calls. I hope you maybe able to help me.

User's recommendation: Make sure you are selling to a real person not a scammer.

Location: Germantown, Maryland