Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 03, 2022

A week of being locked out. 7/28/22

Original review posted by user Aug 03, 2022

Facebook decided I have too many friends (retired HS teacher) so I got locked out BY THEM until I install FB Protect. I had never even heard of this.

Meanwhile the help and privacy settings in my account are disabled, so their reminders on their customer service number they refuse to answer on how to solve this are pointless. They insist on 2 factor authentication, yet none of the methods are working. SMS numbers are never sent, and the Authenticator app numbers generated are always called incorrect. Ive been doing these for 7 days now.

This is MY account, and I havent been hacked yet. I never take fb quizzes which are the source of most of the hacking. I am at a loss, repeating the same attempts and getting nowhere. This is my account, and installing FB Protect should be MY CHOICE, nor demanded by them.

Meanwhile I cant get any help.

Ive sent 20 messages to REPORT A PROBLEM and have yet to get a response. This is a huge joke and I am helpless.

User's recommendation: Leave FB.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Facebook Pros: Connecting with old friends and making new ones, Holding my pictures.

Facebook Cons: Cant get ahold of anyone to help me, Facebook wont unlock your account after you send credentials, Lost my acct.

Comments