Verified Reviewer

3.0

Update by user Feb 26, 2021

I sent a letter in the U.S. Mail (yes, snail mail) to Facebook, because they were not responding to any of my correspondence.

STILL not allowed in to my account. It keeps telling me that they have received my information and that it is under review. Ad that if it is determined that I am under age, my account will be closed. I'm almost 58, by the way.

Been on Facebook for 14 years.

My wife and all of our pictures are on there. Not difficult to find me or figure out that I am not an underage user.

Original review posted by user Jan 27, 2021

I was apparently hacked in late December. Facebook sent me notification that my account was locked until it could determine that I was old enough to have an account.

I'm 57 years old. I've had an account for at least 13 years.

I answered all their verification questions and submitted my driver's license as my identification.

I haven't back from them since. It's now January 27th.

I didn't post inappropriate things. I wasn't in Facebook jail for anything.

I just got hacked.

There are ZERO ways to get a hold of Facebook when you are locked out.

ZERO. I just want access to my account again.

User's recommendation: Not sure what to recommend...

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#1979509

You were tricked into believing Facebook sent you the email. You handed all your info to a scammer, who took over your account.

Very common scam these days. Google "FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center" and make an FBI report about the crime of someone hacking your account. Be sure to include a notation about Facebook's criminal negligence: Leaving victims of hacked accounts no way to self-report the crime directly to Facebook, on an emergency basis. Allowing hackers to continue to exploit, and further victimize, victims of hacked Facebook accounts.

Something needs to be done about it.

Facebook needs to be held accountable! You may want to contact your local news channel and see if they'll do a news story on it, as well.

Facebook Reviews