Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
Resolved
3.8
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Nov 30, 2020

They do their best to control scams.

Update by user Nov 30, 2020

No More scams since I last posted

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2020

I was not hacked but several times I was spoofed or given fake facebook support phone numbers wich I never call. My ID was spoofed once almost costing my sister $1,000 in Walmart gift cards.

Pictures of boxes of cash in a box repeadly asking me if I was still there. Also, check the grammar of the people trying to scam you. It's atrotious because most are from overseas and have not mastered the english language and you don't have to be an English teacher to read through all the errors. Don't call facebook support from any site except facebook.

If you look hard enough,you'll find them or from an encrypted email address. Address bar has https notice the s at the end. S means secured and there should be a small padlock in the address.

These scammers are good at what they do don't underestimate them.

Even companies you deal with.

I walked over to a FedEx store to send a package once and a day later received what looked like a FedEx messenger page. It included pictures of official FedEx delivery trucks.

She said she was calling from FedEx to tell me that my package required it be insured and it had insufficient postage to continue the transaction.

The postage issue was bogus because it was a Netgear self addressed paid return label pdf'd to me from Netgear.

I was returning something for a refund. All I was told to do was tape it on top of my box and send it back via FedEx.

Some scammer saw I was returning a FedEx package and decided to scam money out of me. It ended up coming from a (now former) employee. An inside job.

I called FedEx and sent them a screenshot of the demands being made of me and they figured out who it was and fired her. This was all done through facebook's messenger service.

Very professional and compelling. Beautiful pictures of a FedEx office shot and a FedEx truck parking lot including parked delivery trucks.

Even the messenger app addressed scam said FedEx. Netgear said I didn't need to insure it nor add extra postage.

In fact, it was sitting in their mailbox when this scammer tried to get $50.00 out of me. We laughed it off. There's no such thing as free money. Check grammar and call them back at a legitimate number or tell them no or just ignore them.

They go away quickly once they realize you weren't falling for it. I'm in law enforcement and this is part of what I do. There are many non facebook scams too. Especially coronavirus scams, Social Security enforcement "agents" IRS " agents" and fake SS and irs letters.

Trust your gut. Always call them when in doubt and never let them rush you.

User's recommendation: Don't fall for scams. Trust your gut instincts.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Facebook Pros: Great for meeting friends and family, Good way to meet people.

Facebook Cons: Can be difficult to navigate sometimes.

Comments