Verified Reviewer

2.0

I have a serious issue with the lack of policy and support to protect the sellers from being defrauded.

Firstly, the written policy is not being followed. It is stated that Buyers can request a refund and the Seller has 10 days to dispute the claim.

This is not happening, the Buyer is being refunded immediately without the Seller having any say in the matter.

Secondly, the Buyer is not required to return the item. Not only are made whole financially, but they get to keep the item for free.

I recently sold a 100 year old Cast Iron Skillet and FB issued a refund to the Buyer because the pan was not in perfect condition, although I listed as in used good condition. I contacted the customer to make arrangements to pick up my pan, it is a 4 hour drive, but he refuses to give it back. Basically, Facebook is facilitating the theft of my item.

Why is Facebook issuing refunds on items before they are returned? This customer sent me a reply that he has done this 4 times and has never had to return an item... obviously he has discovered FB will always side with the Buyer and they will get their item for free. I am now forced to try to seek legal action to try to obtain my item.

I am very angry that FB has put me in this position. FB is allowing Sellers to be scammed by Buyers by not following the written policy and by lack of concern for your Seller's. FB is earning a 5% commission on my sales and I have excellent reviews. I treat this like a real business with ethical and truthful ads.

Please respond to my concerns. I have messaged the "Support" multiple times but no one responds.

Abby Carr