Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 26, 2022

tried again to recover my account by using the "trusted contact" recovery method. Now remember, I have No idea how these contacts were selected, but I am certain that I did not select them as 1 of the 3 is less computer savy than I and another has only marginal skills.

One immediately attempted to perform the recovery magic using the path Fb instructed only to be directed to a general information page on recovery, but with No instructions usable on actually receiving a secret code to then share with me. After trying for 30 minutes, she called me in total frustration explaining her inability to access a code. Meanwhile, I continue to receive text messages and calls from friends advising of spam and pishing and scam attempts directed at them in my name, continuing the misuse of my name and reputation. Facebook's only response is a terse statement that I should seek legal counsel.

I think I will, but to sue Meta, not my unknown hackers! the Bastards!

Original review posted by user Feb 24, 2022

I received numerous notifications that a cell phone was being used to attempt login to my account. Each time I reported that I had made no such attempt as I ONLY us Fb by my laptop.

Ultimately someone succeeded in logging in and changed my password denying me access to my own account. Repeated efforts to reach "customer service" resulted in no help. The methods suggested for recovery were confusing and ineffective. When I notified Fb that friends were being spammed and scammed and that my account was being used to commit FRAUD, I received a message suggesting that I seek legal counsel.

Still no effective assistance in recovering my account. I am now considering Counsel to see what action I can take against Mega (Facebook) for their participation in helping the fraud by refusing reasonable assistance in preventing its further spread. (And, there IS no real way to communicate with them for real assistance as the only telephone number listed tells me that no phone service exists for support and suggests that I login to my account to request further assistance).

Thanks Meta! Your assistance in the promotion of FRAUD is greatly appreciated by the fraudsters!

User's recommendation: Don't trust this site!

Preferred solution: delete my account; post general apology; post general notice to all my contacts of the situation.

Facebook Cons: No customer support available, No venue to report issues in an efficient way, Tech support.

Comments