Verified Reviewer

To Whom It May Concern,

Hello, I am writing in regards to my mothers Facebook account. Debby Birtch Greer. Her account was hacked a few weeks ago. The person who hacked into her account did so at 2:30am in the morning, and then proceeded to post 300pictures of young kids, naked. Obviously Facebook flagged the posts after 4 photos were uploaded, before the other 290something were able to be uploaded. Thank you for acting so quickly and removing the pictures.

However; there must be something that can be done to reinstate my mothers Facebook account. The person who hacked her was someone from marketplace attempting to scam people, which my mother caught and spoke to paypal about. Paypal is aware of this person and they have been complained about multiple times...yet Facebook does nothing. After my mother questioned the person, they hacked her Facebook, and waited until the middle of the night to upload all of the inappropriate photos. The only reason we even knew it had happened is because my brother happened to be up and got a notification that our mother had changed her profile pic and uploaded a bunch of pictures.

My mom uses Facebook for all of her online contacts and business work....As many seniors do. She is distraught to have lost years and years of contacts and family photos, due to a hacker...who uses marketplace to scam other seniors out of their money.

My mom lives in the States, and she is visiting me in Canada right now, after not having seen each other in two and a half years....it hurts me to see how upset she is over all of this. Without an easy means to contact Facebook support, she was made even more upset....meanwhile the hacker is probably running around doing the same thing.

I know all the time people are told that there is nothing that can be done to get their Facebook back. I know for a face that that isnt true. It is possible.

I am pleading with you. Please give my mom her Facebook back. As it stands she cant even start a new account, due to the nature of why her account was flagged...and again, we appreciate that Facebook has such strict policy on things of this nature...but that is exactly why the hacker chose to *** when he did, and post what he did. He knew that in all likelihood my mom would be completely banned from Facebook. All because she saw that this hacker was trying to steal from folks.

You can see the history and the linked accounts that she had. She is a woman in her 60's who loves her family and spends countless hours researching our family tree....much of the info she gained has been lost because of this.

Please please help get her account back.

Preferred solution: My mothers Facebook reinstated..

Facebook Pros: Building personal and business connections, Keeping in contact with family and friends, Havig pictures all in one place.

Facebook Cons: Being hacked, Facebook doing nothing about hacked accounts, Lack of customer service, Lack of an ability to vet people, Letting hackers and scammers have run of whatever they want.

Comments