Verified Reviewer

My FB account was disabled on Dec. 22, citing a violation of decency rules.

I was apparently hacked and someone posted indecent information. I have no idea what was posted.

I have been on Facebook since the early years and have NEVER posted questionable material. In fact, I have spent very little time on FB for the past several years, and I don't recall logging on Dec. 22.

In an effort to restore my accounts, I have provided my phone number and sent a copy of my driver's license, as requested, on numerous occasions, but I continue to receive the message "It usually takes us just over a day to review your information" without any followup or this message:

Jill, you disagreed with the decision ON JANUARY 6, 2022

It usually takes us just over a day to review your information.

Your account is not visible to people on Facebook, and you can't use it.

What happens next

Well take another look at your account.

We have fewer people available to review information due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This means we may be unable to review your account.

If we find your account does follow our Community Standards, you'll be able to use Facebook again.

If we find your account doesn't follow our Community Standards, it will be permanently disabled, and you won't be able to disagree again.

=====> (Note: I disagreed with the decision many times before Jan. 6.)

I have two accounts, one with an old email address that I use for my personal page (jmartinez@***.com), and another page using my current email address (jmartinez@***.com) for a community posting. The latter wasn't moderated.

I am so frustrated by trying to penetrate this BLACK HOLE.

Not only have I not received ANY response to my attempts to contact them through their stated methods, their customer service number no longer takes calls.

So, time is running out until my accounts are permanently deleted.

Facebook, now Meta, had revenue of $85.9 BILLION in 2020, approximately 70 percent from Facebook, about half from U.S. users.

I will lose years of contacts if my account is deleted, and I am pissed that a company of this size and resources is not able to resolve issues such as mine.

User's recommendation: Don't count on FB helping to resolve your issues, and download your contacts often.

Facebook Pros: Connecting with friends.

Facebook Cons: No way to dispute or contact facebook when they make a mistake, Need mt account unlocked.

Location: Irving, Texas