Verified Reviewer

1.5

Please help me. I implore you to listen to my plight.

Last night, I responded to a post about a show I'm doing next weekend.

The promoter mentioned my song Triple J (which I wrote and hold all rights).

I replied with a line from the bridge which says, "Hey, hey Triple J, line 'em up and shoot 'em all down..." This song is about bourbon and scotch!

I woke up to a 30 day ban on Facebook for quoting my own song.

Guys, you've put me on restriction for taking up for a lady being severely bullied by a man in a post where he called her everything he could lay his tongue to- stupid, ugly, fast, she-male, racial slurs... And I was the one who got banned for telling him to shut up.

The next case, same thing. Someone was being picked on and I stood up for them. Restricted.

Then...I crabbed at MY OWN BROTHER for saying he was worthless wished he was gone- told him I'd beat his butt if he didn't stop saying stuff like that.

Btw- that's how we mountain speak, just so you are aware.

Then, last week, I made a comment that girls who are being stalked, harassed, threatened should stand their ground and defend themselves. I used another mountain phrase about beating the tar out of someone attacking if they are attacking you.

I've had warnings for using my own pictures, my own music, my own videos ... And I own all the copywrites.

I even had to go to court over a man threatening my life DIRECTLY ON FACEBOOK, describing how he would kill me by cutting of my head. Facebook did nothing to him.

When I reported him, you guys said he did not go against community standards. I had a lady accuse me of being a devil worshiper and part of the Illuminati. I reported her repeatedly because she kept harassing... And you guys repeatedly said she did not violate community standards.

Can you see the enormous discrepancy here?

My music pages are a big part of my livelihood, and because I quoted my own tune (which is all over social media, Facebook included) I am banned from posting or sharing or ANYTHING for 30 days.

Your discernment is dreadful.

To add insult to injury, it's not even possible to get an appeal. The oversight board is a farce, unmaneuverable and literally impossible to get a review.

I can't get a response from the help center, Meta appeals do not work...

So what else can I do? This is nothing short of a social media witch-hunt, and now that you've damaged my income source, I feel I must take as much action as possible to rectify this.

I implore you, lift the restrictions because they were absolutely NOT warranted.

Michelle Leigh

828.712.3743

Michelleleigh.com

User's recommendation: Don't quote your own song! You will get 30 days!

Preferred solution: I want my business accounts and music accounts restored..

Facebook Pros: Good reach for promotion.

Comments