Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer

Update by user Apr 13, 2022

I have continued to attempt to have Facebook respond. I get only automated responses.

None relates to the issue at hand.There are two accounts with my (unique name).One -- the true account -- has an updated photo and has over 11,000 followers.The other -- a fake account which uses a prior photo OF ME -- has almost no followers or friends.I have told this to Facebook. Several friends and I have reported the fake account, and we all get back an automated message that says that Facebook has checked this out and it does not violate their community standards.This leaves only two possibilities:1. Facebook's community standards permit someone to impersonate another person, and Facebook says that it fine, OR2.

Facebook's community standards do NOT permit someone to impersonate another person, and Facebook is lying when they said they looked into this.If (1) is true, the Facebook's community standards support potential fraud by allowing someone to present him/herself as someone he/she is not.If (2) is true, the Facebook is dishonest in saying that it examined multiple reported claims of false identity, and Facebook simply is not enforcing its community standards. So, either Facebook's community standards provide a platform which supports fraudulent mispresentation of who one is, or Facebook cannot be trusted to be honest about enforcing its community standards.As Congress moves to regulate companies like Facebook, the management at Facebook should be cognizant of this problem, and the management should understand that its business practices all but invite federal regulation to assure that Facebook behaves ethically and properly.Companies like Facebook do themselves and their shareholders a great disservice by behavior such as this.

Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2022

My Facebook account has apparently been hacked.

To remedy the problem, I changed my password. I am also trying to implement two-factor authentication.

To do so, Facebook is supposed to send me an SMS message on my phone with a code.

THEY DON"T SEND IT. After a dozen times, and repeatedly checking to make sure that they have the correct phone number, it is clear that the message is not being properly sent. (Other vendors have no problem sending me authentication codes -- only Facebook.)

Facebook has a phone number for customer support. The phone gives a recorded message saying that they do not provide telephone support.

What is the point in having a number which, when called, tells you that it is a dead end? This is NOT customer service.

It's just a nasty tease.

I am trying to enhance security, and Facebook seems unable to allow me to do so. I've sent them an email, but no response yet.

For a multibillion dollar enterprise, they clearly have third-world support and third-world technology.

User's recommendation: Grin and bear it. You don't have a choice.

Preferred solution: How about a system that does what it is supposed to do? Is that asking too much? Or maybe tech support when their system does not do what it is supposed to do?.

Facebook Pros: I keep in touch with my friends and family.

Facebook Cons: System repeatedly fails to send authorization codes, Crappy support.

Comments