Verified Reviewer

In November of 2021 my account was hacked via messenger and a cashapp scam. The account was removed and I submitted my ID to have it returned to me.

Facebook instead returned the account to my hacker, allowing them to keep the log in details as their e-mail and phone number. I have tried contacting them several times as well as reported my old page and sent various e-mails. The help center is an endless loop with no assistance or resolution. The hacker is now able to message me from my old account, blackmailing me with requests for money and to set up bank account and Bitcoin accounts, provide them with the log in details in exchange for returning my page to me.

Endless reports since November, screenshots of them contacting family and friends with the cash app scams and still nothing has been done and the page remains up and active.

It is so frustrating. I wish there was another platform because if I didn't have kids and need Facebook to keep family and friends updated, I would be gone!

User's recommendation: Stay as far away as possible.

Product or Service Mentioned: Facebook Profile.

Preferred solution: I would like my original page facebook.com/meg.bway.bnd returned to me via the e-mail it was set up with megalyn.out.of.touch@gmail.com. I want the hacker to leave me and my family alone..

Location: Dallas, Georgia