Verified Reviewer

1.8

Down payment of 2000 dollars to user junior mtz threw my Facebook app searching marketplace I found 2005 Honda Pilot for $3000. I contacted the seller and proposed a down payment of $2000 to assure hold of sale and pay the rest when I receive the car.

I recently received $4550 from car theft insurance claim for purchase of another vehicle on the 20th of November. My son moved to Palmdale recently, and I was expected to be their Thanksgiving Day, so the night prior I was browsing for a car. The errancy for purchase was I did not want to depend on anyone for transportation, I wanted to drive myself . My plan was to have my son give me a ride to retrieve the car when he arrived to pick me up to take me to Palmdale .

It was a holiday and everything as closed, so I called chime where my claim money was deposited and asked for assistance in sending as much as possible to ensure myself as the buyer and take ownership of the vehicle. I was advised to send $1000 through chime pay friends feature and send $1000 from chime to my cash app, so I did. During conversation, seller informed me to use cash app for sending money. As soon as money was sent, all communication was severed and post of sale was removed.

I immediately opened my cash app and reported scam and stop payment I then reached chime and stopped payment through pay friends but was told cash app could not be stopped because it was pending. I have requested the $1000 back multiple times but denied and blocked cash app won't help due to it being an authorized transaction. I have done an email search online and got information that the owner of the email is SALVADOR MARTINEZ WHO LIVES IN RIVERSIDE MARKETPLACE Username WAS JUNIOR MTZ WITH LOGO A&B MOTORS I CALLED A&B MOTORS AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANYBODY THERE WORKING BY THAT NAME. I SEARCHED JUNIOR MTZ ONLINE AND FOUND A INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT I ALSO GOT NO REPLY, I ALSO POSTED A POST ABOUT EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT THE PERSON ON NEXTDOOR AND FACEBOOK.

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK.

I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO PURCHASE A CAR LIKE I PLANNED BECAUSE OF THIS PERSON I DON'T TRUST ANYONE NOW EVERYONE HAS BAD INTENTIONS IN MY EYES. Marketplace

User's recommendation: I want to believe that everyone is not truly fake and bottom line they are . Especially on holidays this happen to me on thanks giving.

Location: Fontana, California