Verified Reviewer

I sent this message and a day later facebook stated that the account was permanently disabled and this could not be changed. I was never contacted by facebook directly.

I purchased a computer for my 83 year old father for christmas and just set him up on the internet (finally).

The facebook we created for him while he was visiting us is the r****@gmail.com email address login. Before we could get any information into it because he was visiting for the holidays, you decided to cancel or place a hold on his account. While trying to fix this problem, it DEMANDED a cell phone number that could receive texts. My father has NEVER IN HIS LIFE even HELD a cell phone.

He does not own one, nor does he know how to use one. In order to verify his account, it was necessary for him to use MY cell phone to receive a text to verify he is a real person. I also then had to take a random pic of him and send it to you in order to have you verify his account. Once you do, I will remove *MY* phone number and place his *LAND LINE* phone number in facebook as his phone contact number so his family and friends in other countries have a valid phone number to reach him at.

Currently, somehow his profile does not meet your terms of service etc, probably because we set up the account on christmas day and he did not get onto the internet until today (30th), and is in limbo.

Once again, we just created it quickly for him and figured he could add the information once he got his internet activated a few days later. If you need to talk to him to verify he is a real person, try calling him directly at ****. If you have further need to talk to me, text me or call me at *******.

At this point, I have to admit to being less than impressed by your unrealistically demanding requirements to setup a facebook account for someone who is new to computers and the internet. Please expedite the re-activation of his account so I can ad my FATHER as a friend / family member on my facebook account.

(Oh wait ... I ALREADY DID THAT BEFORE YOU FROZE HIS ACCOUNT!!!!!)

A totally unimpressed

John Ermenc.

User's recommendation: Find another social media platform like instagram.

Preferred solution: Allow us to prove dad is real and unfreeze the account..

Facebook Pros: Easy access to friends and family.

Facebook Cons: Cant contact live person to help with account issue, I cant access my account.

Comments

#1968851

Absolutely No One Cares...

Facebook Reviews