Verified Reviewer

My accounts was hacked stolen leaving me no access to it by someone from Nigeria who scammed a high school friend of mine, John Munoz - now profile reads John Munox, and used all the info stolen from him such as SSN#, photos of front and back of drivers license, videos and photos of him and used it all to pretend he was him and gather the same info from me through Facebook Messenger. So my friend, John Munoz had all his Meta accounts (FB, FB Msgnr & Instagram) hacked and stolen from him and all of that info was used by the same Nigerian hacker to steal mine as well as the money stolen from us.

Now the Nigerian hacker is working on reaching my 800+ contacts. No matter however I try to reach FB & the FBI to no avail, as well as when each of my friends are being contacted by the Nigerian hacker to find out if that is actually me and I inform them that I am not, and then follow the advice FB provides to people who wish to report that my account, their friend on FB profile has been hacked.

The Nigerian has stolen my account has photos of my drivers license and reconfigured my account to be registered solely to him since last Friday and there is nothing I can do to reclaim it, or prevent the Nigerian hacker from attempting to do the same to more of my friends. Facebook needs to improve how users such as myself are unable to retrieve our accounts/profiles that have been wrongly stolen!!!

User's recommendation: Don’t even trust your friends on any Meta account, or it’s employees to assist when your account has wrongly been stolen.

Preferred solution: My account was under fatheyabdullag@gmail.com and I had to change the email address above because FB assumes I still have an account linked to fatheyabdullah@gmail.com and that I have the possibility of logging into it. Please return my account to me. .

Comments